Nothing adds a unique and beautiful touch to a kitchen or bathroom like an exquisite granite countertop. White Galaxy granite is an excellent choice for homeowners looking to give their space an elegant and timeless upgrade. This natural granite is composed of various minerals in shades of white, black, and grey. The deep taupes, greys, and deep black flecks create a stunning sparkling surface that will leave a lasting impression.
Unlike quartz countertops, granite won’t easily chip or crack due to everyday use. Even with heavy use, your White Galaxy granite countertop will remain strong for many years. No matter what material you opt for, routine maintenance is essential in order to keep it looking its best. Granite requires regular sealing in order to reduce potential staining from coffee and sauces.
Homeowners looking for a more consistent pattern may be better off choosing quartz for their space, however granite offers its own unique colour variation not seen anywhere else. Whites are often displayed in bright, warm tones that are perfect for those wishing to lighten their kitchen or bathroom. Furthermore, the White Galaxy granite complements both traditional and contemporary architecture.
When working with a quality contractor, installation should be quick and easy. Not all of White Galaxy granite slabs are entirely uniform, which means in some cases they may need to be custom cut to fit your space perfectly – adding further to your overall cost. Depending on the size of your project, this material can cost anywhere between $50-$150 per square foot in addition to labour – so plan your remodeling job accordingly!
For those looking for a little extra resistance, you may have the option of honing the granite surfaces after installation. Not allWhite Galaxy granites are able to be honed however – so make sure to double check with your contractor before committing. In summary, there is no doubt upgrading your home with this elegant stone will make you the envy of neighbours, friends and family alike!
White Galaxy granite has a stunning crystalline surface that can give any kitchen or bathroom an elegant and timeless upgrade. This beautiful natural stone is composed of a variety of minerals that create a mesmerizing speckled design in shades of white, black, and grey. Thanks to its premium durability, White Galaxy granite won’t chip or crack with heavy use – allowing it to retain its stunning appearance for many years to come. Installation is quick and easy with a quality contractor, although the overall cost can vary greatly depending on the size of your project. With routine maintenance, you can keep this stunning stone looking its absolute best for years to come and make an eye-catching statement with your countertops.
What kind of sealer should be used on white galaxy granite countertops?
Typically, a premium quality stone enhancer sealer should be used on white galaxy granite countertops. This type of sealer will not only protect the stone, but it will also enhance the color and bring out the details of the pattern. It is also recommended to reseal the countertops every two to three years.
What type of sealant is best for white granite countertops?
Silicone-based sealants are typically the best choice for sealing white granite countertops. Silicone sealants contain aUV inhibitor, which helps protect the surface from staining and fading caused by sunlight. Additionally, silicone sealants form a protective barrierto prevent water and other liquids from penetrating the stone’s surface.
What is the difference between epoxy and polyurethane sealants?
Epoxy sealants are two-component liquid formulations consisting of a resin and a hardener which forms a strong, rigid bond when cured. They also provide excellent adhesion to many substrates and can be used in a variety of applications due to their resistance to water, chemicals, heat and wear. Epoxies are often used as adhesives to create strong bonds between surfaces and components.
Polyurethane sealants are one-component, moisture-curing formulations which form superior waterproof seals that are flexible and allow for movement. Polyurethane is highly resistant to tear, weathering and abrasion, making it well suited for outdoor applications. It is generally easier to apply than epoxy, as it requires no mixing or curing time. It is often used in gap-filling applications, such as in expansion joints in building structures or metal sheets.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of epoxy and polyurethane sealants?
Advantages of Epoxy Sealants:
• Highly durable and resistant to extreme temperatures, moisture, solvents, and chemicals.
• Superior adhesion qualities on a variety of materials including metals, glass and certain plastics.
• Apt for filling large gaps, voids and connecting two different materials.
• Increased tensile strength compared to other sealant options.
• Can be easily painted once the sealant has cured.
Disadvantages of Epoxy Sealants:
• More costly option compared to other sealants like polyurethane.
• Difficulty in working with due to fast curing time.
• Not effective for outdoor use as it can yellow when exposed to sunlight over a long period of time.
Advantages of Polyurethane Sealants:
• Low cost option compared to epoxy sealants.
• Easily removable when needed due to its flexibility.
• User friendly and can be applied with minimal preparation.
• Resistant to ultraviolet radiation and harsh chemicals so it can be used outdoors.
• Offers greater elastic properties while remaining flexible over long periods of time.
Disadvantages of Polyurethane Sealants:
• Not suitable for permanently bonding two surfaces together as it has relatively low tensile strength.
• Not compatible with certain plastics and some metals due to its chemical nature.
• Shorter lifespan than epoxy sealants as it is more susceptible to contamination caused by weather conditions and humidity.